Tuesday, August 27, 2013

A DU Student Profile: Mr. Wendell Whitfield

My name is Wendell Whitfield and I am from Houston, Texas. I graduated from Phyllis Wheatley High School and attended Prairie View A&M University. I have several years of experience as a Houston police officer. I have also worked at a steel mill, served as a football coach, and assisted drug and alcohol users as a substance abuse counselor. However, for most of my life I have worked as an educator. I enjoy teaching young people new things and went into education to do just that. I am currently a U.S. History teacher at Hartman Middle School in the Houston Independent School District. I am working to obtain my masters so that I can work as an administrator. As for my personal life, I have been married for thirty years. I have three kids. I am a faithful member of Bethlehem Baptist Church where my pastor is Rev. Moses Jones. I enjoy serving as a deacon and have been a member of the deacon board for over twenty years. By taking this course I hope to not only come one step closer to gaining my degree, but I am also interested in learning more about child psychology. I think it is important to always advance your education by learning about new things. I truly enjoy learning!

No comments:

Post a Comment