Tuesday, August 27, 2013

A DU Student Profile: Ms. Trinita Champagne


My name is Trinita Michelle Champagne, and I live in Lake Charles, Louisiana. I was born on May 29, 1973. In 1991, I graduated from Washington-Marion Magnet High School with my high school diploma. On Dec. 15, 1996, I earned my bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education. In 2001, I received my master’s degree in Curriculum and instruction from the University of Phoenix. I am a first grade teacher at Combre-Fondel Elementary School.

For the past fifteen years, I have been blessed to work at the same school. Over the past fifteen years, I have worn many different hats at my school. I have had the opportunity to attend numerous workshops and in-services that have to be invaluable. There were invaluable with the knowledge that I gained and how I was able to bring what I learned back to the classroom where it had a major impact on my students’ academic performance. I see each of these as one more opportunity to gain knowledgeable information that has assisted me in helping my students. My greatest joy and pleasure is being with my family. I love spending time talking to them on the phone and visiting with them whenever time allows. My pastime is reading. I find reading relaxes me after a long day at work. In 1996, I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis (MS). This could have been a very divesting moment, but I chose to fight and make the best of this situation. I am grateful to God that I have not had a relapse in 15 years. This is truly a miracle! I know that I can deal with all things through the help of God and my family. I am ready to begin this next phase of my journey.

Teaching is not a job for me; it is my ministry. This is why I chose to become an educator. What I teach is of great importance – not only to my students but also to the world we live in. When I teach I am guiding our children. My instruction becomes lights for their lives and speaks to them wherever they go. I am planting in their hearts the seeds of knowledge, understanding, love, self-motivation and so much more that will help them to grow in their ever-changing world.

I let my students know that all they have to do is try their best and they can achieve anything they set their minds to do. They come to know that I appreciate each of them for the unique and special person they are. I expect to gain to gain a doctorate of education degree from this online program. I will receive vital skills and tools that are necessary for me to become an effective educator. In order to become an effective educator, I will gain understanding and knowledge of using instructional strategies that address the different learning styles and needs of the students I teach as well as learn how to integrate technology correctly in my classroom. My favorite scripture I quote every day is “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me” (Philippians 4:13). -- Trinita M. Champagne

No comments:

Post a Comment